NextGenRadio@ Oregon Public Broadcasting
“In the Time of COVID-19”
The Next Generation Radio Project is a week-long digital journalism training project designed to give competitively selected participants, who are interested in radio and journalism, the skills and opportunity to report and produce their own multimedia story. Those chosen for the project are paired with a professional journalist who serves as their mentor.
This edition of the #NPRNextGenRadio project was produced in collaboration with Oregon Public Broadcasting in July 2020.
Our audio engineer is Patrice Mondragon.
Our illustrators are Yunyi Dai and Ard Su.
Our visuals editor is Erica Lee.
Our web producer is Robert Boos.
Our managing editor is Traci Tong.
Our digital editor is Joanne Griffith.
Special thanks to our journalist-mentors this week:
- Tiffany Camhi, Host/Reporter, OPB, Portland, OR;
- Gabriela Saldivia, Producer, NPR One, Washington, DC;
- Jane Greenhalgh, Senior Producer/Editor, Science Desk, NPR, Portland, OR;
- Liz Miller, Reporter, OPB, Portland, OR;
- Donald Orr, General Assignment, OPB, Portland, OR.
NPR’s Next Generation Radio program is directed by its founder, Doug Mitchell.